11 June, 2011

Restart

New Design, New Purpose.

This started out as a writer's blog and went off into Me-Land. Not that there's anything wrong with Me-Land, if you like endless plains and long stretches of prairies bounded on either side by hundred-year old oak trees. It's a nice place to visit.

Let's get back to the original purpose of this blog.

I wrote a book. I.actually.wrote.a.book. Yes, the same one the previous entries ended on. I completed the task and not only soared past the requisite 50,000 words to win NaNoWriMo, I also finished the book. It contains a beginning, a middle and an end.

I set down the book, after November, for five months. Thought about other things, caught up on reality TV. I let myself forget the story.

Then in March, I picked the book back up and read through my November words. Not surprisingly, it bordered on atrocious. What can I say, I wrote it in 30 days.

So, after a prolonged read-through with extensive note-taking, I set about fixing it. I am still in that phase.

I have a finished second draft, using Microsoft Word's mark-up features, and still a long, long way to go. In this case, I have much more to add than subtract - at 60K some-odd words and a lot of missing information, I am slowly but surely slogging my way to the end goal.

End goal: publication. How to get to that goal: hunkering down.

Name of the book: Cassidy

No comments: